Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Instruction by L. M. Pruitt


 Taylor Allerton's speakeasy is one of the hottest nightclubs in Manhattan. Young, rich, and beautiful, she can have any man she wants--and usually does.



Taylor Allerton's speakeasy is one of the hottest nightclubs in Manhattan. Young, rich, and beautiful, she can have any man she wants--and usually does.

Namir Adeem just became the youngest partner at one of the most prestigious accounting firms in Manhattan. His determination to bring honor to his family leaves no time for any relationship.

When Taylor discovers just how sheltered Namir is, she takes it upon herself to give him the education he deserves.

Some things can't be taught in school....

Amazon     iTunes    Kobo   BN


Excerpt 

“I’m sure it’s not the first time you’ve had to dissuade a woman in a bar.”
He barked out a laugh. “Ms. Allerton, I’ve spent more time in libraries and schoolrooms than in drinking establishments. I’ll confess, if you hadn’t intervened, I’m not sure how I would have handled your friend.”
“Look, I’ve already decided to hire you, so you really don’t need to continue plugging your education.”
“I assure you, that’s not my intention at all.” He coughed and scratched the side of his nose again. “I’m simply trying to inform you, as delicately as possible, that I am not used to this sort of… open culture.”
I stared at him, working to process his words. “I’m sorry, I’m not really following what you’re saying.”
“When I say I lack experience in certain areas, I mean I… lack experience.” He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. “You do not achieve the success I have at my age without making some sacrifices along the way.”
“Oh.” As the full impact of his words sank in, my eyes widened involuntarily. “Oh. Oh, God. Now I’m even more sorry about Kennedy and how she acted and what she said and--.”
“You don’t need to apologize, Ms. Allerton. You have been beyond professional in every way.” He opened his eyes, tilting his chin down and studying me with a slight smile. “At least you have while in my presence.”
“Well, thank God we can’t get in trouble simply for having dirty thoughts.” I crossed my legs and laughed. “Although it’s probably only me having those thoughts.”
He sat silent for long minutes before clearing his throat. “You would be wrong, Ms. Allerton.”
I lifted my brows, tilting my head to the side. “Oh?”
“I hope this won’t impact our professional relationship but since you are being honest, so must I.” His gaze shifted to mine and I sucked in a breath. “I find you very attractive, Ms. Allerton.”
“In the spirit of continued honesty… my friend was right.” I picked up my glass, taking along sip of watered down tea. “I want to fuck you.”
“As flattering as I find your statement, I doubt it would be very good for you, all things considered.”
“Do you want me to teach you?” I hadn’t even known the thought was in my head until the words were echoing in the room but it was instantly an obsession. Slowly, I began sliding around the booth toward him. “I will—as much as you’re willing to learn.”
He dropped his gaze to the table, shifting restlessly. “You should check on your friend.”
“You didn’t answer the question.”
“It was a highly inappropriate question, Ms. Allerton.”
“Still not an answer.” I leaned closer, my mouth a half inch from his. “Do you want me to educate you or not?”
His lips parted on a sigh. “Yes. I do.”
“Wonderful.” I leaned back, pretending not to see the disappointment flash across his face. “We’ll start tomorrow.”

Meet the Author

L.M. Pruitt has been reading and writing for as long as she can remember. A native of Florida with a love of New Orleans, she has the uncanny ability to find humor in most things and would probably kill a plastic plant. She knows this because she's killed bamboo. Twice.  She is the author of the Winged series, the Plaisir Coupable series, Jude Magdalyn series, the Moon Rising series, and Taken: A Frankie Post Novel.

Website |Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads |Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts